ARC Temperature Controller Software
Follow the instructions below to upgrade your ARC Temperature Controller (device) software. This process should only take a few minutes and requires your device, a computer (Windows) and a USB A to B cable (standard printer cable).
- Click the link in the list below for the version you want.
- Navigate to your downloads folder.
- Extract (Right Click, Extract All) the downloaded zip folder.
- Disconnect the power supply to your device.
- Connect your device to your computer via USB.
- Run (double-click) the Update file in the extracted folder.
- If you get a Windows alert, choose More Info then click Run Anyway.
- Once the update has finished the progress window will close.
- When the power button on the device starts to blink, press it.
- Verify the software version on screen (shows after ARC logo).
- Disconnect your device from your computer.
- Reconnect power and heater cables to your device.
- Ensure your device is working properly.
Software releases for the ARC Temperature Controller:
- New controllers have a locking power button that stays depressed when pushed. This update handles the new button. Do not install this version or higher if your power button does not stay depressed when pressing it down.
- Resolved a visual defect where output bars would sometimes draw after pausing and then shutting off the device.
- Fixed an issue where negative temperatures overflowed on the screen.
- Dramatically improved setpoint tracking.
- Heater output level is now displayed on screen.
- Decimal places have been removed from the set-point.
- Updated algorithms to maintain tighter temperature control.
- The power button now allows you to turn the Eclipse off during almost any state.
- Button presses on the main screen are now more responsive.
- Added a pause/resume feature on the main screen which stops and starts heating.
- Fixed a bug that could overwrite your setpoint to zero when powering down.