ARC Temperature Controller Software
Follow the instructions below to upgrade your ARC Temperature Controller (device) software. This process should only take a few minutes and requires your device, a computer (Windows) and a USB A to B cable (standard printer cable).
- Click the link in the list below for the version you want.
- Navigate to your downloads folder.
- Extract (Right Click, Extract All) the downloaded zip folder.
- Disconnect the power supply to your device.
- Connect your device to your computer via USB.
- Run (double-click) the Update file in the extracted folder.
- If you get a Windows alert, choose More Info then click Run Anyway.
- Once the update has finished the progress window will close.
- When the power button on the device starts to blink, press it.
- Verify the software version on screen (shows after ARC logo).
- Disconnect your device from your computer.
- Reconnect power and heater cables to your device.
- Ensure your device is working properly.
Software releases for the ARC Temperature Controller:
- Resolved a visual defect where output bars would sometimes draw after pausing and then shutting off the device.
- Fixed an issue where negative temperatures overflowed on the screen.
- Dramatically improved setpoint tracking.
- Heater output level is now displayed on screen.
- Decimal places have been removed from the set-point.
- Updated algorithms to maintain tighter temperature control.
- The power button now allows you to turn the Eclipse off during almost any state.
- Button presses on the main screen are now more responsive.
- Added a pause/resume feature on the main screen which stops and starts heating.
- Fixed a bug that could overwrite your setpoint to zero when powering down.